[XML-SIG] Big Bug? (was:Pretty-printing DOM trees)

Christian Tismer tismer@appliedbiometrics.com
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 16:04:31 +0100

Dieter Maurer wrote:

> Hello Christian
>
> I have investigated the problem further:
>
> "xmlproc" requires *ALL* attribute values to be enclosed
> in either single or double quotes.
>
> The problem is caused by your
>
>    <Darreichung zulassungsnummer="29117.00.00" code="200523" datum="010195" status=F>
>
> more precisely, the "status=F", where the "F" is not enclosed in quotes.

Aaahh, oh, whow, thanks.
Maybe xmlproc should be a little more forgiving for this case
and not skip beyond ">" but just skip (or repair) the attribute.

XMLers, please take my excuse, it was not DOM but a faulty
Python script from my course. My XMLpro viewer didn't complain,
so I thought it was correct.

thanks for all the support - chris
(und besonders an Dieter)

--