[XML-SIG] Big Bug? (was:Pretty-printing DOM trees)

Christian Tismer tismer@appliedbiometrics.com
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 21:59:10 +0100

Dieter Maurer wrote:

> Hello Christian
>
> Using the PDB, I got the following sequence of parser events:
>
> START: Praeparate
> START:   Praeparat
> START:     Name
> END:       /Name
> START:     Firma
> END:       /Firma
> END:       /Name
>
> The last event, obviously, is wrong.
> It seems, "xmlproc" does something wrong.
>
> I append the PDB log.

Thank you!
Actually I claimed that the XML file was right, but it wasn't
completely. This one was not closed:
<Packung pharmazentralnummer="4469515"> <!-- hier fehlte was! -->
</Packung>

But after that change, FileReader still barfs.

With my SAS prettyprinter everything works fine, with sgmlop,
xmlproc, whatever I used.

So I doubt xmlproc is wrong. There must be something deeper.
Did you recognize the incompatibility of SAX and DOM?
After playing with several SAX tools, it was impossible
to import xml.dom any longer.
Something is wrong, deep in the classes which are already
a little complicated for my small brain.

ciao - chris

--
Christian Tismer             :^)   <mailto:tismer@appliedbiometrics.com>
Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 101   :    *Starship* http://starship.skyport.net