[XML-SIG] SVG: 2D graphics

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 15:34:40 -0600

Perry Stoll wrote:

> I meant VML, an XML-based 2D-vector markup language
> http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/NOTE-VML-19980513, and not XML. Sorry.

VML became obsolete today. Sorry. :)

The W3C released th first draft of SVG which will eventually become the
Web's "official" structured vector graphics specification. This is an
important event for anyone interested in vector graphics in the Web
context but also more generally. Still, this is very rough so we have a
long way to go before it is complete, standardized and widely implemented.

http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-SVG

 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

Earth will soon support only survivor species -- dandelions, roaches,
lizards, thistles, crows, rats. Not to mention 10 billion humans.
	- Planet of the Weeds, Harper's Magazine, October 1998