[XML-SIG] Another SAX Suggestion

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 13:39:42 -0400 (EDT)

Paul Prescod writes:
>I would like to suggest the default error handlers do something useful:

	Agreed; the general Python philosophy is to make noise when
something is unexpectedly, rather than making some assumption and
charging onward.  Printing an error message seems to be the right
level of noise for parsing errors; they could raise an exception and
terminate further processing (and actually I wouldn't mind that
either), but printing a message seems sufficient.

    Principally I played pedants, idiots, old fathers, and drunkards.
    As you see, I had a narrow escape from becoming a professor.
    -- Robertson Davies, "Shakespeare over the Port"