[XML-SIG] Another SAX Suggestion

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 11:19:26 -0500

I would like to suggest the default error handlers do something useful:

    def error(self, exception):
        "Handle a recoverable error."
        sys.stderr.write( "Error: "+ exception )

    def fatalError(self, exception):
        "Handle a non-recoverable error."
        sys.stderr.write( "Fatal Error: "+ exception )

    def warning(self, exception):
        "Handle a warning."
        sys.stderr.write( "Warning: "+ exception )

Of course if that's not what a particular implementation wants, they can
override it, but I think that the current lack of behavior is
non-intuitive. Maybe I'm corrupted by working with SGML tools but I expect
the defaults to be as above.

 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

"Microsoft spokesman Ian Hatton admits that the Linux system would have
performed better had it been tuned."
"Future press releases on the issue will clearly state that the research