[XML-SIG] XBEL DTD as a meta-dtd

Geir Ove Gronmo grove@infotek.no
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 16:46:50 +0200

At 10:14 16.09.98 -0400, you wrote:
>Fred L. Drake writes:
>>  I don't think the proposed DTD is too complicated, but it probably
>>shouldn't get much more complicated.  Jack's "pass" element makes
>>sense and should be added since it directly related to bookmark
>>management within applications like Grail.
>
>	I was agreeing more with Greg's reaction to turning it into a
>meta-DTD.

All DTDs can be meta-DTDs (architectural DTDs). The complexity of the DTD
doesn't really matter. The only thing that might be "harder" - is the
mapping from the instance (which is to be architecturally processed) to the
meta-dtd.

So whether anybody calls XBEL a meta-dtd, or not, doesn't matter.

Geir O.

|  STEP Infotek as, Gjerdrumsvei 12, 0486 Oslo, Norway  |
|        grove@infotek.no http://www.infotek.no/        |