[XML-SIG] XBEL DTD

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 23:26:29 +0200

Okay, if we're all putting in requests for our pet feature in the XBEL
DTD I have one too: I'd like an empty ("pass", in Python terms)
element, with only an id attribute.

With this it should be possible to do two-way-syncing of bookmark
files between machines. If each machine generates IDs in a unique
manner, and replaces items (or folders or whatever) with the pass item
when you delete them you win something important: on the next sync you
can differentiate between the situation where the bookmark was deleted
on machine A or added on machine B.
Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl      | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm