[XML-SIG] pyexpat on Windows?

Jeff.Johnson@stn.siemens.com Jeff.Johnson@stn.siemens.com
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 10:16:05 -0400

Jack Jansen writes:
>>Well, the first step is to get it compiled, of course, and since I don't
use
>>Windows regularly I haven't included a makefile or project or whatever
for
>>that. Either create one yourself (and please send me the result) or ask
on the
>>XML sig whether someone else has done this. After that running the test
should
>>work fine if you're running in the directory where pyexpat.pyd is (and
where
>>the test program also resides), but eventually it's probably a good idea
>>put the .pyd somewhere on your sys.path. Either add the directory where
>>pyexpat.pyd lives to your path initialization or move the pyd file to a
>>directory that is already on the path.

I'm still a python newbie and have a never compiled a pyd and my C compiler
has dust on it.  I see that there is a file xml\windows\pyexpat.dll in the
XML package.  Is it sufficient to rename this to pyexpat.pyd and move it
somewhere?  If pyexpat isn't compiled for Windows yet, what is pyexpat.dll?
If it is, why isn't it set up to work in the XML package?  What will it
take to set it up?  Does anyone know which parser is faster/better?

Thanks,
Jeff