[XML-SIG] Status report

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 17:30:17 -0400 (EDT)

The rate of hacking on the DOM code itself is now going to drop a lot;
I'm going to work on documenting it, and on updating some of the demo
programs.  Of course, bugs will continue to be fixed as they get
reported; my thanks to Jeff Johnson, who's been the most serious user
of the DOM code so far, and has reported all sorts of bugs.

	There are still unimplemented bits, mostly in classes related
to the DTD structure, such as Notation and Entity.  I'm not going to
work on these until I get some guidance from the SIG on how to
proceed.  These bits are going to be low-priority for me until some
documentation has been written for the basic interfaces.

	So, please pick up the DOM code and start using it, in order
to shake more bugs out of it.  Once documentation has been written, I
intend to produce a 0.5 release and announce it, so finding bugs
before that release would be very helpful.  (Otherwise, we'll find
them after the release...)

--
A.M. Kuchling			http://starship.skyport.net/crew/amk/
    To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state. -- Goethe (1791)