[XML-SIG] Patches to adr_parse.py and bookmark.py

Lars Marius Garshol larsga@ifi.uio.no
24 Nov 1998 18:52:41 +0100

Hi!

I've been playing around a little with XBEL, thinking about making a
demo for a conference I'm going to in a couple of weeks. So far, what
I've done is to modify adr_parse.py to actually work with the latest
version of bookmark.py and to deal with command-line arguments and
also to modify bookmark.py to insert the XBEL public identifier.

Patch 1 (to adr_parse.py):

65c65
<             visited=parse_date(readfield(infile,"VISITED"))
---
>             parse_date(readfield(infile,"VISITED")) # Just throw this away
69c69
<             bms.add_folder(name,created,visited)
---
>             bms.add_folder(name,created)
78c78
<             bms.add_bookmark(name,created,visited,url)
---
>             bms.add_bookmark(name,created,visited,None,url)
87,88c87,106
<     bms=parse_adr(r"c:\programfiler\opera\opera3.adr")
<     bms.dump_xbel()
---
>     import sys
>
>     if len(sys.argv)<2 or len(sys.argv)>3:
>         print
>         print "A simple utility to convert Opera bookmarks to XBEL."
>         print
>         print "Usage: "
>         print "  adr_parse.py <adr-file> [<xbel-file>]"
>         sys.exit(1)
>
>     bms=parse_adr(sys.argv[1])
>
>     if len(sys.argv)==3:
>         out=open(sys.argv[2],"w")
>         bms.dump_xbel(out)
>         out.close()
>     else:
>         bms.dump_xbel()
>
>     # Done

Path 2 (to bookmark.py):

42c42
<                   '<!DOCTYPE xbel SYSTEM "xbel.dtd">\n'
---
>                   '<!DOCTYPE xbel PUBLIC "+//IDN python.org//DTD XML Bookmark Exchange Language 1.0//EN//XML" "xbel.dtd">\n'

--Lars M.