[XML-SIG] Dom in XML 0.5 package

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 16:22:24 -0500 (EST)

Jack Jansen writes:
>Just today I switched to the XML CVS tree, but I'm getting more and more the
>idea that this may not have been such a bright move.
>
>I'm especially having problems with the dom stuff. Various things (like
>DcBuilder) have disappeared, even though the example scripts still try to use
>them. That is easily fixed, but what is more of a problem is that various
>modules use bits of various other modules that have disappeared. For instance,
>transformer.Transformer uses DOMFactory(), but DOMFactory() is nowhere to be
>found anymore...

	That doesn't surprise me; I've been almost exclusively working
on core.py and ignoring the other things like walker.py and
transformer.py and the demo scripts, only fixing them when people
reported problems.  Last night I checked in some changes that may have
fixed some of the problems, but they haven't really been tested.

>Also, with the way stuff is organized in the XML CVS tree it has become (to
>me, at least) unclear who is responsible for what, otherwise I could have
>mailed this message straight to the author.

	It's me; Stefane isn't responsible for it any more because
I've mercilessly hacked up his code, making it practically a complete
rewrite.

--
A.M. Kuchling			http://starship.skyport.net/crew/amk/
Today I live in the gray, muffled, smelless, puffy, tasteless half-world of