[XML-SIG] Bits of XML HOWTO available

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us
Wed, 6 May 1998 11:49:49 -0400 (EDT)

I've put the first few pieces of what will someday become the XML HOWTO
at:
	http://www.python.org/doc/howto/xml/

Currently I've written the "introduction to XML" section, and some
brief explanations of what SAX and DOM are.  There's no burning need
for people to look at it, though do feel free to offer comments on what's
there.

The reference section currently just lists the relevant modules; there
are about 20 of them.  This means the reference section is going to be
quite large; I'm probably going to split things into separate tutorial
and reference documents.

Anyway, could the SAX and DOM authors please take a look at the list
below, and tell me if any of these modules should *not* be documented
(because they're for internal use, or because they're outdated)?  Did
I miss any modules?  Thanks...

6.1 xml
6.2 xml.dom
6.2.1 xml.dom.builder
6.2.2 xml.dom.core
6.2.3 xml.dom.esis_builder
6.2.4 xml.dom.html_builder
6.2.5 xml.dom.sax_builder
6.2.6 xml.dom.transform
6.2.7 xml.dom.transformer
6.2.8 xml.dom.walker
6.2.9 xml.dom.writer
6.3 xml.marshal
6.4 xml.sax
6.4.1 xml.sax.drivers
6.4.2 xml.sax.drivers.drv_xmllib
6.4.3 xml.sax.drivers.drv_xmlproc
6.4.4 xml.sax.drivers.drv_xmlproc_val
6.4.5 xml.sax.drivers.drv_xmltok
6.4.6 xml.sax.drivers.drv_xmltoolkit
6.4.7 xml.sax.saxexts
6.4.8 xml.sax.saxexts.ParserFactory
6.4.9 xml.sax.saxlib
6.4.18 xml.sax.saxutils

I'm not sure if the different SAX drivers should be documented;
perhaps they should be treated as internal modules, used by a factory
function.

--
A.M. Kuchling			http://starship.skyport.net/crew/amk/
... lies and half-truths and deceits. Our society is built on them. Our