[XML-SIG] Re: saxlib 1.0beta

Lars Marius Garshol larsga@step.de
Tue, 05 May 1998 18:12:27 +0200

Andrew Kuchling wrote:

>         OK.  To handle this, you could override the handle_doctype()
> method, so saxlib's drv_xmllib could do that. On the other hand,
> if it's required for conformance, perhaps this behaviour should be
> added to xmllib.py, so that simple uses of xmllib are still as
> conformant as possible.  Opinions?

I think this is something xmllib should handle, if Sjoerd (or someone
else) wants to implement it. It is actually difficult to implement it
in the driver because the entity itself must also be parsed, which can
result in new element, PI, entity and what-have-you events. So in
effect the entity value must be passed back to the parser to be parsed
by it, and I see no easy way of implementing that with the official
xmllib interface. (Maybe there are undocumented methods that make this
easy.)

Actually, once I release the next version of xmlproc (RSN) the DTD
parser there could easily be used to run through the internal DTD
subset to get the entity declarations there.

--Lars M.