[XML-SIG] XML-SIG wish-list?

Lars Marius Garshol larsga@ifi.uio.no
23 Mar 1998 21:10:05 +0100

* Andrew Kuchling

| Is anyone in the XML community maintaining a list of DTDs?

Robin Cover has a fairly extensive list, but the DTDs are mixed with
SGML DTDs:

<URL:http://www.sil.org/sgml/gen-apps.html>

James Tauber has a pure XML list which is probably easier to use:

<URL:http://www.jtauber.com/xml/appl.html>

| [Unicode]
|
| This isn't really XML-specific.

I agree, but perhaps it should be listed anyway since it's so
important. (Possibly with a pointer to the String-SIG.)

| If you want to see Unicode support happen, it would really help to
| look at Jim's proposal (see the String-SIG archives) and do a trial
| implementation.

Alas, I don't have the required skills to do that. But perhaps you
should add what you wrote in this email on the page and link to that
proposal so people know the current status?

--
"These are, as I began, cumbersome ways / to kill a man. Simpler, direct,
and much more neat / is to see that he is living somewhere in the middle /

 http://www.stud.ifi.uio.no/~larsga/      http://birk105.studby.uio.no/