[XML-SIG] XML-SIG wish-list?

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 14:11:03 -0500 (EST)

Lars Marius Garshol writes:
>Just an idea: should we add to the SIG status page a list of projects
>we'd like to see done, but which no-one has volunteered for yet? Some

	Good idea.  I've added the first three ideas.  Is anyone in
the XML community maintaining a list of DTDs?

> - UNICODE support

	This isn't really XML-specific.  Jim Huginin posted a proposal
to the String-SIG, suggesting a way to add Unicode support to CPython.
Guido thought it was interesting, but doesn't have time to try
implementing it.  If you want to see Unicode support happen, it would
really help to look at Jim's proposal (see the String-SIG archives)
and do a trial implementation.  That would give us something to
experiment with, and see what breaks, what deficiencies turn up, etc.

A.M. Kuchling			http://starship.skyport.net/crew/amk/
Sorry about the writing. Robot fingers, you know?
	-- Cliff Steele in DOOM PATROL #23