[XML-SIG] saxlib.py, package structure, & HOWTO outline

Lars Marius Garshol larsga@ifi.uio.no
17 Mar 1998 23:58:17 +0100

* Andrew Kuchling

| I've taken a brief look at saxlib.py, and it looks very neat and
| understandable; I quite agree with Paul Prescod's favorable
| impression of it.  What's missing from it?

My understanding of the entity handling is still not complete, so
there may be something missing in that area. I will clear that up as
soon as possible.

| One minor nit: saxdemo.py has a problem with the following lines.
|
| import xmlproc
| p=xmlproc.Parser()
|
| There doesn't seem to be a Parser class or function in xmlproc.py,
| so an AttributeError is raised.  Have I messed something up?

No, it's me who has messed up. I renamed the parser in xmlproc, but
didn't rerelease saxlib. saxlib has been updated now with a fix for
this as well as HTML documentation generated by gendoc. (I've also
added documentation to xmlproc.)

(I'm not replying to the stuff about package organization until I've
had time to look more closely at XMLTok and PyDOM.)

--
"These are, as I began, cumbersome ways / to kill a man. Simpler, direct,
and much more neat / is to see that he is living somewhere in the middle /

 http://www.stud.ifi.uio.no/~larsga/      http://birk105.studby.uio.no/