[XML-SIG] SAX status

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us
Fri, 10 Jul 1998 16:40:46 -0400 (EDT)

John Skaller writes:
>Is there something working I can download?
>A specification of what it does?

	You can go to the XML SIG page
(http://www.python.org/sigs/xml-sig/), and find links to LMG's Python
implementation of the SAX interface.  Alternatively you can grab the
unified package that the SIG is working on, from
http://www.python.org/sigs/xml-sig/files/ .  There are a few problems
in that release, but it's mostly functioning.  See
http://www.python.org/doc/howto/xml/ and
http://www.python.org/doc/howto/xml-ref/ for some documentation.  All
this stuff is still being worked on, so please make suggestions for
improvements.

	General, not Python-specific (mostly Java, actually) SAX info
is at: http://www.megginson.com/SAX/ .

	Note to XML-SIG readers: I've started putting together
material at http://www.python.org/topic/xml/ ; the intention is that
/topic/xml/ will be a long-term URL that will link to everything else
relevant to Python and XML work; you'll be able to refer to it in
articles, books, etc. and not worry about the link evaporating.
(Other people will worry about /topic/database/, /topic/whatever/.)

	Anyway, comments on those pages, suggestions for new links,
etc. would be welcome.  Again, that URL is:
	http://www.python.org/topic/xml/

--
A.M. Kuchling			http://starship.skyport.net/crew/amk/
Ideal conversation must be an exchange of thought, and not, as many of those