[XML-SIG] SAX status

John Skaller skaller@maxtal.com.au
Wed, 08 Jul 1998 05:00:21 +1000

This is a request for information on SAX.
Please email me directly, I don't read this SIG.

I'm currently implementing a literate programming tool
(Interscript) which can read 'any kind of input' :-)

It currently reads a small subset of HTML and translates
it to Interscript method calls. These, in turn, dispatch
to document generator objects (called weavers), and
generate documents in various formats: HTML, LaTex and
plain text are currently supported.

The HTML input filter is implemented using 'sgmllib.py'.

It would be nice to have an XML filter, especially one
which could process DTD's and thus extend the input
syntax, and the mapping to Interscript.

Is there something working I can download?
A specification of what it does?

SAX seems appropriate. Before replying: I know nothing at all
about XML. I know nothing at all about SGML. I can write some
basic HTML.

Pls reply to skaller@maxtal.com.au.

John Skaller    email: skaller@maxtal.com.au
		http://www.maxtal.com.au/~skaller
		phone: 61-2-96600850
		snail: 10/1 Toxteth Rd, Glebe NSW 2037, Australia