[XML-SIG] Simple WDDX Serialization

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 16:17:13 -0500 (EST)

Gabe Wachob writes:
>Tuples, Arrays -> WDDX Arrays
>Objects -> Structs (obviously, skipping methods)
>Number -> Numbers
>String -> String

Dictionaries -> Structs would be another possibility.

>For the dateTime WDDX type, I am thinking either 1) do pattern matching on
>strings to determine if they are valid time/dates -- if so, make them
>dateTime WDDX elements, or 2) if a string begins with a magic code, then
>the rest of the string is interpreted as a dateTime element. We could also

For dateTime, we would really need a standard date/time object,
included in either the Python standard library or in the XML package.
Instances of this object would then become dateTime elements in the
generated WDDX.

For record sets, I haven't thought up anything yet, but I like your
idea of a dictionary of keys mapping to equal-sized lists.

--
A.M. Kuchling			http://starship.skyport.net/crew/amk/
The world is full of people whose notion of a satisfactory future is, in fact,