[XML-SIG] WDDX for Python

Gabe Wachob gwachob@aimnet.com
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 16:13:32 -0800 (PST)

Hi folks-
are some issues in serializing that I didn't want to address yet) for WDDX
data into a python object.

	One question I had is this:

In the DTD, you show that a data element can contain one or more of any of
the data types plus recordset/struct/array. Does this mean that this is a
valid XML fragment:

<data>
<number>43</number>
<struct>
</struct>
</data>

I made the assumption that is was, so in my deserialization, I create an
object WDDXObject which contains an array items -- in the previous case
the array would contain a number as its first element, and the struct
object (WDDXStruct) as its second element.

If data has more than one child, then how do you refer to each child if
you don't implement the deserialization the way I do with an array as the
"top level" child of the deserialized object (I ask because I didn't want
to do it this way, but I couldn't think of another simple way of doing
it). What if you have two structs with two element variables with the same
name?

So, anyway, my deserializer fully implements the DTD and the spec as far
as I understand it. It does not parse the timeDate type (I could throw it
in a wrapper object with nice methods and all).

The URL is http://www.aimnet.com/~gwachob/software.html

It uses my current rev of my DOMVisitor.py  Everything is not well tested,
and in fact, may not be the most efficient. However, here it is...

	-Gabe