[XML-SIG] Parsers which include external parsed entities

Lars Marius Garshol larsga@ifi.uio.no
15 Dec 1998 11:27:55 +0100

* Gabe Wachob

| Are there any parsers out there which automatically include external
| parsed entities?

xmlproc does, both in validating and well-formedness mode.

| I've found that I have to pipe my xml files through SGMLNORM (which,
| ugh, upcases all my tags) to get this effect.

Why not use SX instead? That shouldn't have the same problem.

| Is there a technical reason why these parsers DON'T automatically
| "include" externally parsed entities when producing SAX or ESIS (and
| then DOM) output?

Many parsers don't bother to parse the internal DTD subset and so
don't have any entity information. For the rest I don't really know.

--Lars M.