[XML-SIG] xml-0.4 released

akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us
Thu, 6 Aug 1998 15:51:01 -0400 (EDT)

I've put up a new release of the XML package, version 0.4.

	http://www.python.org/sigs/xml-sig/files/xml-0.4.tgz

If you download and install it, please let me know if it went all
right.  (If I broke something, you'll immediately send me e-mail, of
course.)

	I think that, at this point, the only way we're going to find
bugs and design flaws is by people actually picking up the code and
trying to do actual work with it.  Accordingly, once the release has
been sanity-checked by a few success reports, I'm going to announce it
on c.l.py.a.  It shouldn't be announced outside of the Python user
community, though; that must wait for at least the first beta, if not
1.0final.

	My concern at the moment will now be with ancillary matters,
since there seems little to do unless/until bug reports start coming
in.  I want a decent amount of resources available with 1.0 to help
people learn to use it; that means documentation and sample code.

	* Does anyone have any comments or suggestions for the XML
topic guide?  http://www.python.org/topics/xml/

	* Does anyone have small example programs for the demo/
subdirectory (and for the sample code page)?

Now that this release is out, I'm also hoping to take another whack at
the Python/Unicode question.  That won't be resolved until long after
1.0, though.

--
A.M. Kuchling			http://starship.skyport.net/crew/amk/
relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.