[XML-SIG] Javascript

Fred L. Drake Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org
Wed, 29 Apr 1998 16:59:19 -0400 (EDT)

Jack Jansen writes:
 > Is anyone here familiar with Javascript? How difficult would a
 > javascript interpreter in Python (or a javascript->python converter) be?

  I've thought about how to implement this in CPython; essentially,
what's needed is to convert JavaScript source code to a Python
structure accepted by the parser.sequence2ast() function; the
resulting "ast object" can then be compiled to a Python code object
and run in a JavaScript environment (implemented as an rexec.RExec
subclass).
  This is more tedious than hard; I'll try to pursue it further.  I
have a tokenizer around here somewhere, but that's as far as
implementation has gone.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.