[XML-SIG] Javascript

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us
Wed, 29 Apr 1998 16:55:07 -0400 (EDT)

Jack Jansen writes:
>Is anyone here familiar with Javascript? How difficult would a
>javascript interpreter in Python (or a javascript->python converter) be?

	Someone here at CNRI once thought of doing this; however, I
can't remember who, and everyone seems to be in a meeting at the
moment.

	If I remember rightly, he planned to write a parser for the
JavaScript, and compile it to Python bytecodes that could then be
executed.  I think he may have gotten the parser done, but I'm not
sure; perhaps it was purely a blue-sky project. :)  But that seems
like a workable approach; JavaScript is fairly simple, and should be a
subset of Python's capabilities, once you've written some adapter
objects that mimic the behaviour of JS data types.

--
A.M. Kuchling			http://starship.skyport.net/crew/amk/
You shouldn't trust the story-teller; only trust the story