[XML-SIG] State of the world

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Wed, 29 Apr 1998 11:36:18 +0200

> 	* With one API frozen and the other solidifying, we can start
> thinking about how to distribute the Python code.  My inclination is
> that individual authors such as Lars and Stefane will always
> distribute their code as single pieces, but there will also be an
> omnibus package that contains everything -- SAX, DOM, xmltok, JPython
> code, documentation, demo programs, and anything else we can think of.
> Most users will install this package.  I'm willing to do that
> packaging job.

I'd like to make a plug for my versioncheck stuff here, which compares the
version number of your locally installed package with the version number of
the latest version of your package as obtained from a URL. Especially for the
xml stuff in its current state (multiple authors, probably reasonably fast
changing) I think it would be a help to users.
Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl      | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm