[XML-SIG] A small SGML question

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Sat, 18 Apr 1998 15:12:26 +0200

(Assuming that I'm about the only one here that doesn't have an SGML
specification handy...)

I've put together an accelerator plugin for the standard sgmllib/xmllib
module (sgmlop).  It still have a few warts, but I hope to get around to
ship it before the end of next week.

However, I have a little problem: how to handle the following case:

or (from the python home page)

NS, MSIE, and the current version of sgmllib all treat ">" as end of tag,
even if it's quoted.  The specs I've been looking at seem to hint that is
not the correct behaviour.  Who's right?

Cheers /F