[Python Wpg] Hello

Aaron Klaassen aklaassen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 10:50:10 EDT 2006

Hm. It seems the mailing list and I had a disagreement over what email
address I was actually subscribed under. After a bit of a tussle, it's all
been worked out, but apparently this message of mine never got posted
(thanks to Stuart for pointing that out).

So now sit back in your chairs and imagine a time of daisy-filled meadows
and enchanted springtimes. A time of last week....

Well...since we're introducing ourselves, maybe I finally should: I'm a 4th
year Computer Science student at the U of M, but so far haven't really done
anything with Python.  So looking at the "Topic Ideas" section on the
WinniPUG website makes me wish for "Quick intro to Python for programmers."
Though I did get as far as "Hello, world!" a little while ago. :) These days
I mostly code in whatever language my profs tell me to...so it's a lot of C.
Some C# and Java. Maybe some Lisp for flavour. With a new semester starting
this week...who knows what'll be going on.

I've been lurking on this mailing list for months already, but have yet to
attend any of the meetings or anything; my absence due mostly to the rather
crazy amount of time that can be taken up by a couple of jobs and a whole
bunch of classes. :) But don't worry...I'll show up one of these days.