[Web-SIG] ANNOUNCE: zc.wsgirunner, a simpler container for paste.deploy-defined WSGI applications.

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Wed Apr 16 13:32:20 CEST 2014

We recently ported Bobo to Python 3.  We typically deployed Bobo apps
using paste.script, but it hasn't been ported to Python 3 yet.

To facilitate using WSGI apps under Python 3, I created zc.wsgirunner,
which which is a replacement for paste.script for running WSGI
applications that are assembled using past.deploy.

  https://pypi.python.org/pypi/zc.wsgirunner

It works much the same way as paste.script/paste.deploy, but:

- Works with Python 2 and 3.

- Provides a process configuration mechanism.

- Provides logging configuration.

- Calls sys.setcheckinterval(1000), which is fairly important for performance
  older versions of Python (<3.2) on multi-processor machines.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jimfulton