[Web-SIG] Declaring PEP 3333 accepted (was: PEP 444 != WSGI 2.0)

Alice Bevan–McGregor alice at gothcandy.com
Mon Jan 10 22:33:52 CET 2011

On 2011-01-10 13:12:57 -0800, Guido van Rossum said:

> Ok, now that we've had a week of back and forth about this, let me
> repeat my "threat". Unless more concerns are brought up in the next 24
> hours, can PEP 3333 be accepted?

+9001 (> 9000)

> It seems a lot of people are waiting for a decision that enables
> implementers to go ahead and claim PEP
> 333[3] compatibility.

Django, mod_wsgi, CherryPy, etc. all have solutions that would need
AFIK minor tweaking before going "live", which would make adoption of
PEP 3333 the fastest of any PEP I've ever seen. ;)

> PEP 444 can take longer.

Indeed it will!  :D

I have the conversion from Textile to ReST about half completed; I'll
continue to poke it now that mailing list traffic seems to have died
down and won't be consuming the majority of my Copious Spare Time™.
ReST just doesn't jive with my neural net.  :/

	- Alice.