[Web-SIG] Declaring PEP 3333 accepted (was: PEP 444 != WSGI 2.0)

P.J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri Jan 7 16:35:36 CET 2011

At 05:00 PM 1/7/2011 +1100, Graham Dumpleton wrote:
>Stupid question first. When running 2to3 on the example CGI code,

Don't do that.  It's supposed to already be Python 3 code.  ;-)

It did, however, reveal a bug where I have not in fact done the
correct Python 3 thing:

>                  if headers_sent:
>                      # Re-raise original exception if headers sent
>-                    raise exc_info[0], exc_info[1], exc_info[2]
>+                    raise
>exc_info[0](exc_info[1]).with_traceback(exc_info[2])
>              finally:
>                  exc_info = None     # avoid dangling circular ref

Can somebody weigh in on what the correct translation here is?  The
only real Python 3 coding I've done to date has been experiments to
test changes to other aspects of WSGI.  ;-)