[Web-SIG] Declaring PEP 3333 accepted (was: PEP 444 != WSGI 2.0)

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 07:32:13 CET 2011

On 7 January 2011 17:19, Alice Bevan–McGregor <alice at gothcandy.com> wrote:
>> -                    raise exc_info[0], exc_info[1], exc_info[2]
>> +                    raise
>> exc_info[0](exc_info[1]).with_traceback(exc_info[2])
>
> The exception raising syntax has changed; you can not re-raise an exception
> using tuple notation any more.  The new syntax is far clearer, but I'm
> unsure of back-compatibility or even if it is possible to emulate it
> completely as a polygot (2.x and 3.x w/ same code).

PJE already said that intent is that PEP will only have Python 3
compatible code in it. Not attempting to have examples that work for
both Python 2 and Python 3.

That sounds to me then that we should be using what 2to3 changed it to. Ie.,

                  if headers_sent:
                    # Re-raise original exception if headers sent
                    raise exc_info[0](exc_info[1]).with_traceback(exc_info[2])

Graham

Graham