[Web-SIG] SQLAlchemy Queries & HTML Data Grid

Aaron Watters arw1961 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 7 20:54:03 CEST 2010

Randy:

It seems you want a sortable HTML table that talks to a back end
query engine.  I don't see why this needs to be specific to SQLAlchemy.

Here is a WHIFF middleware which does some of what you are talking
about (the demo formatting is basic/ugly for simplicity purposes).

Demo

  http://whiffdoc.appspot.com/tests/misc/testSortTable

Demo source

   http://whiffdoc.appspot.com/tests/showText?path=./misc/testSortTable

The documentation

 http://whiffdoc.appspot.com/docs/W1200_1400.stdMiddleware#Header83

is not extensive, but here is the source for the
core middleware widget.

  http://aaron.oirt.rutgers.edu/cgi-bin/whiffRepo.cgi/file/8c031c68a5a0/whiff/middleware/sortTable.py

As written it requires the whole table as a list of dictionaries and then does
paging from the full list.  It certainly needs generalization but maybe it's
a start.  Let me know if you have questions or comments.

   -- Aaron Watters