[Web-SIG] WSGI 1 Changes [ianb's and my changes]

Armin Ronacher armin.ronacher at active-4.com
Thu Sep 17 23:49:42 CEST 2009

Hi,

René Dudfield schrieb:
> I don't like yours and Ians changes with regard to cgi.  cgi exists.
> Breaking wsgi apps on cgi is silly.
Can you give an example on where we break CGI compatibility?

> I think you mean pre-2.2 support, not python 2.2?  iterators came
> about in python 2.2.
That might be.  That was before my time.  I'm pretty sure the first
Python version I used was 2.3, but don't quote me on that.

> Fixing the python3 wsgi situation needs to happen very soon(it's been
> a year already!).  I don't think delaying it any longer is a good idea
> for python 3 and for python as a whole.  So making a separate wsgi
> version will not be good if a new wsgi comes out for python3.
I agree that WSGI for Python 3 has to be fixed, I'm just not yet
convinced that Python 3 is what will be relevant anytime soon.  From my
current perspective there is still too much left unanswered in Python 3.

Regards,
Armin