[Web-SIG] Announcing bobo

Nathan Yergler nathan at yergler.net
Tue Jun 16 18:39:06 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 9:15 AM, Etienne
Robillard<robillard.etienne at gmail.com> wrote:

> Martin,
>
> I don't care about '97, pretty much.
>
> I think that if this Jim guy has lots of experience then at least he
> could not pretend that other people works are made by/for geniuses,
> which is probably untrue anyway.

How do you know that Jim believes this? I don't see anything in his
initial announcement (or in skimming the documentation) that implies
you should choose Bobo over any other framework.

> There's other ways to advertise a open source project. One method
> is to discriminate other projects, thus making it's own work appears
> better in some ways or another. Of courses this has nothing to do in
> being a genius.. You don't have to be a genius to copy-and-paste things.

Again, this seems to be a stretch.  Jim simply sent a message letting
people know about Bobo.  I for one appreciate that, as it's useful for
me to have different tools in my toolkit for approaching different
problems.  Bobo may share features (or non-features) with other
frameworks (web.py comes to mind) but that doesn't mean it's "copy and
paste".

This feels like an ad hominem argument which is both surprising and
unproductive.

Nathan