[Web-SIG] WSGI 2.0

Clark C. Evans cce at clarkevans.com
Tue Apr 3 00:05:29 CEST 2007

On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 11:10:17AM +1000, Graham Dumpleton wrote:
| One other issue if aiming at supporting chunked encoding for a request,
| is how (if one even can) make available the trailing headers if present
| after the final null data block. Personally I am not sure this one is
| worth the trouble and may be quite hard to even implement with some web
| servers as they don't even provide them as a separate set of headers but
| simply merge them on top of the main request headers.

In my particular application it'd be quite helpful if I could return
Chunked-Body responses (especially ones with additional trailing
headers). Since WSGI rules the use of transfer encodings, then it should
have a mechanism to request this sort of behavior aka, yield a "flush"
object that has optional trailing headers that should be included in the
chunk that is returned.

Best,

Clark