[Web-SIG] wsgiref bug with HEAD request

Joe Gregorio joe at bitworking.org
Mon Nov 13 05:27:45 CET 2006

On 11/12/06, Christian Wyglendowski <christian at dowski.com> wrote:
> On 11/12/06, Joe Gregorio <joe at bitworking.org> wrote:
> > According to RFC 2616 the HEAD response MUST NOT
> > return a message-body in the response:
> >

> http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec9.html#sec9.4
>
> Right.  I *think* the problem that Sylvain is bringing to light is that a
> different headers are being returned for HEAD and GET requests.  From the
> section of RFC 2616 that you referenced above:
>
> "The metainformation contained in the HTTP headers in response to a HEAD
> request SHOULD be identical to the information sent in response to a GET
> request."

Ah, I misunderstood the problem. You are correct:

  http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec14.html#sec14.13

""" The Content-Length entity-header field indicates the size of the
entity-body, in decimal number of OCTETs, sent to the recipient or, in
the case of the HEAD method, the size of the entity-body that would
have been sent had the request been a GET."""

   -joe

--
Joe Gregorio        http://bitworking.org