[Web-SIG] wsgi.org domain

Stephan Diehl stephan.diehl at gmx.net
Tue May 30 20:43:49 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 30 May 2006 18:14, Ian Bicking wrote:
> Stephan Diehl wrote:
[...]

> Thanks for setting this up.  Could the wiki just be the front page?

This can be set up any way we like. It's actually a hosted virtual linux
server. My personal taste is not to have a wiki a the front.

> Would there be any way to fit feeds into the page too? I'd be
> interested in setting up a wsgi feed from the Cheese Shop (using the
> category or keywords somehow).  Hrm... now I'm not sure where they are
> doing that; maybe in their toolbox.  Anyway, if wsgi.org can consume it,
> I can try to build the feed.

Sound like some application server like Webware, Cheerypy or Pylons (or any
other of the existing python web frameworks :-) )
In the long run, I'd propose to use Pylons (or any other WSGI base framework),
but I'm much more comfortable with Webware or Cheerypy for a quick'n dirty
setup.

[...]
> I'll try to put in some links in the next couple days.  Should we try to
> move http://wiki.python.org/moin/WSGIImplementations over to this site,
> or just copy it, or...?  Maybe as content from python.org wiki pages
> gets integrated, we should just put prominent links on those pages to
> wsgi.org.

sounds like a plan.

> I'm figuring the basic layout should be:
>
> What is WSGI:
> - spec
> - tutorials and articles
>
> What uses WSGI:
> - servers
> - applications
> - frameworks
> - middleware, webish tools
> - testing
>
> I'm not sure where non-English content should go; you have a German
> link, and I've seen content in other languages as well.  Would it be
> best to have a page for each other language, with all the available
> languages linked off the front page?

to start with english content is fine as it's safe to assume that a serious
python developer has at least a basic understanding of german.

I'd be happy to give you (or any other trustworthy person) direct access to
set things up. Just mail me your ssh key.

I've asked a designer friend to help out with the design, so we might have a
good looking site after a while...

Cheers

Stephan