[Web-SIG] wsgi.org domain

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Tue May 30 18:14:41 CEST 2006

Stephan Diehl wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm happy to be able to announce that we now have a wsgi.org domain.
> Last week, while learning/researching wsgi a bit, I wished for a central place
> to find wsgi related documentation and links. (For some reason,
> wiki.python.org never comes to my mind when researching things, go figure)
> wsgi.org was not taken and Ian and Philip didn't show any interest in running
> such a site.
> At the moment, you'll just see
> 1. a simple homepage at www.wsgi.org and
> 2. a wiki at wiki.wsgi.org

Thanks for setting this up.  Could the wiki just be the front page?
Would there be any way to fit feeds into the page too?  I'd be
interested in setting up a wsgi feed from the Cheese Shop (using the
category or keywords somehow).  Hrm... now I'm not sure where they are
doing that; maybe in their toolbox.  Anyway, if wsgi.org can consume it,
I can try to build the feed.

> Setting up the site took (of course) much longer than expected, so I just
> managed to fill in some usefull links to existing documentation.
> There are no restrictions with the wiki other than the need to register before
> writing/editing.

I'll try to put in some links in the next couple days.  Should we try to
move http://wiki.python.org/moin/WSGIImplementations over to this site,
or just copy it, or...?  Maybe as content from python.org wiki pages
gets integrated, we should just put prominent links on those pages to
wsgi.org.

I'm figuring the basic layout should be:

What is WSGI:
- spec
- tutorials and articles

What uses WSGI:
- servers
- applications
- frameworks
- middleware, webish tools
- testing

I'm not sure where non-English content should go; you have a German
link, and I've seen content in other languages as well.  Would it be
best to have a page for each other language, with all the available
languages linked off the front page?