[Web-SIG] [Python-Dev] Adding wsgiref to stdlib

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Tue May 2 15:48:03 CEST 2006

On 4/28/06, Phillip J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:
> At 11:03 AM 4/28/2006 -0700, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> >(I'm asking Phillip to post the URL for the current
> >source; searching for it produces multiple repositories.)
>
> Source browsing: http://svn.eby-sarna.com/wsgiref/
> Anonymous SVN:   svn://svn.eby-sarna.com/svnroot/wsgiref

I'm not sure how dumb a question this is, but bear with me :-)

>From reading this, it seems that there is no CGI-to-WSGI gateway in
wsgiref. Would it be worth adding one (or did I miss it)? I'm thinking
of a case where I have a WSGI application, but no easy way of hosting
anything other than CGI. In that situation, being able to wrap my
application in a CGI-to-WSGI gateway would be useful - and having one
in the standard library would avoid me having to cut and paste the
run_with_cgi code from PEP 333 into each of my scripts...

Does this make any sense?

Paul.