[Web-SIG] Standalone WSGI form framework.

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Thu Mar 16 18:36:45 CET 2006

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 05:34:42PM +0000, Alan Kennedy wrote:
-> [Alan Kennedy]
-> > I'm looking for a framework-independent form library. I'm using the
-> > Quixote forms library at the moment, inside my own framework, but
-> > would ideally like something more WSGI oriented, so that it is easier
-> > to mock and unittest.
->
-> [Titus Brown]
-> > I'm confused by this -- this could mean that you want to separate the
-> > quixote forms lib from the Quixote 'request' object, I guess.  What
-> > else?
->
-> Hi Titus,
->
-> I realise that I can rewrite the Quixote form lib to achieve what I
-> want, but at the cost of a fairly significant effort.
->
-> As it is, I've rewritten the rendering, to work with Kid and ElementTree.
->
-> But I'm tired of hacking on it to make it do what I want: I'd much
-> prefer to start afresh with my own design than to continue to use
-> Quixote: it's just too limiting.

I think you mistook my question for a criticism ;).  Rewrite or no, I'm
mostly interested in what you meant by "WSGI oriented" and what that
would mean specifically in the context of the Quixote forms lib.

thanks,
--titus