[Web-SIG] WSGI in standard library

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Thu Feb 16 21:08:02 CET 2006

Alan Kennedy wrote:
> Thinking about this some more, it's beginning to sound to me like the
> server-side web support in the standard library needs a proper review
> and possible rework: it's slowly decohering/kipplizing.
>
> Maybe we need a PEP, so that we can all discuss the subject
> (rationally ;-) and sort out all of the issues before we go ahead and
> commit anything?

What would the PEP(s) cover?  (Anyone can answer that, of course)

I can imagine several intersecting PEPs.  E.g., a process PEP about
consolidating web-related modules in the stdlib.  Or a process PEP about
what we should look for in stdlib modules.

Or, I can imagine an implementation-focused PEP on several of the things
discussed.  Which things?