[Web-SIG] using WSGI for standard pluggable applications

Shannon -jj Behrens jjinux at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 23:49:01 CEST 2005

Thanks, Ian.  Now I understand your problem.  If I were in your shoes,
I would make use of dom manipulation on the server side.  I.e., I
would use the same "inheritance" tricks, but instead of using
inheritance via code, I would have the filters look for certain div's
with certain id's.  In effect, these div's would act as methods for
the wrapped applications.  In this way, the wrapper and the
application wrapped can have a better channel for communication.  You
can even implement inheritance in this manner.  Just throwing ideas
out, you might also want to consider using JSON as a communication
medium that is language neutral.  The wrapped application can embed
some JSON data.  The wrapper application can make use of that data.
Viola, rich communication.  Of course, you're a smart guy, so you
don't need me telling you how to write apps ;)

-jj

--
I have decided to switch to Gmail, but messages to my Yahoo account will
still get through.