[Web-SIG] using WSGI for standard pluggable applications

Kevin Dangoor dangoor at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 15:59:48 CEST 2005

On 9/21/05, Ben Bangert <ben at groovie.org> wrote:
> There's so many things a page could require in the header, footer,
> etc. just to operate properly I can't see it being realistic to have
> a template filter act very reliably on different deployed apps. While
> it does take some extra work to make it all look right from the web
> users perspective, I think its worth it since you're at least sure
> the deployed apps will run properly.

For API ideas here, you all might be interested in looking at
SiteMesh, which is popular in Javaland:
http://www.opensymphony.com/sitemesh/

Not that Java APIs tend to be all that much fun to work with, but
SiteMesh is all about glomming together bits from webapps into a
coherent whole.

Kevin

--
Kevin Dangoor