[Web-SIG] JavaScript libraries

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Mon May 9 14:27:11 CEST 2005

Shannon -jj Behrens wrote:
>>Why Plone? What's the point of using Plone if we simply want a mailing list?
>
> I was thinking a lot more would be involved than just a mailing list.
> If all we want is a mailing list, those are easy to get.  I was
> thinking we'd have a Web site with FAQ's, documentation, etc., and
> maybe even some code.  As much as I can easily develop this in
> Aquarium, Aquarium isn't meant to be an out of the box content
> management system, whereas Plone is.

I just thought a few simple HTML pages would be enough to start with. I
mean, Infrae makes Silva, a CMS, and also does Plone and CPS work, so
I'm not against CMSes

Installing a CMS can distract massively; we already saw questions on how
to integrate Plone with a mailing list the minute Plone was proposed.

Regards,

Martijn