[Web-SIG] Standardized configuration

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Sun Jul 24 02:21:13 CEST 2005

At 08:08 PM 7/23/2005 -0400, Chris McDonough wrote:
>Would you maybe rather make it more explicit that some apps are also
>gateways, e.g.:
>
>[application:bleeb]
>config = bleeb.conf
>factory = bleeb.factory
>
>[filter:blaz]
>config = blaz.conf
>factory = blaz.factory

That looks backwards to me.  Why not just list the sections in pipeline
order?  i.e., outermost middleware first, and the final application last?

For that matter, if you did that, you could specify the above as:

     [blaz.factory]
     config=blaz.conf

     [bleeb.factory]
     config=bleeb.conf

Which looks a lot nicer to me.  If you want global WSGI or server options
for the stack, one could always use multi-word section names e.g.:

     [WSGI options]
     multi_thread = 0

     [mod_python options]
     blah = "feh"

and not treat these sections as part of the pipeline.  For Ian's idea about
requiring particular projects to be available (via pkg_resources), I'd
suggest making that sort of thing part of one of the options sections.