[Web-SIG] Re: Just lost another one to Rails

Greg Wilson gvwilson at cs.utoronto.ca
Thu Apr 28 17:18:54 CEST 2005

 > Shannon -jj Behrens wrote:
> Dear Greg,
> I've read your email.  What's your solution?
> Best Regards,
> -jj

Hi JJ.  My solution is for Guido (or someone with equivalent authority)
to appoint someone "Benevolent Dictator for the Web for One Year", with
a mandate to put together something that has all the features that are
getting Rails so much attention.  Whatever s/he comes up with in that
year will then be shipped as part of the 2.X release of Python in 2006.
  I think Ian Bicking or Michelle Levesque would be good choices for the
role: they know the field, and they're not emotionally committed to any
of the existing frameworks.

Thanks,
Greg