[Web-SIG] Re: Just lost another one to Rails

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Sat Apr 16 01:16:01 CEST 2005

Greg,

> a buddy of mine down in the States was switching
> to Ruby, after using Python for two years, because he and his
> colleagues needed a lightweight, ready-out-of-the-box web app
> framework

We could discuss what lightweight means, I guess, but IMO there is a
light-weight, pure-Python, ready-to-use Python web app framework,
called Medusa.  No other installs necessary -- you don't have to get
some database running unless you really want to.  Works remarkably
well; I've written a few app servers in it already.  Perhaps your
buddy is actually switching for some other reason.

Bill