[Web-SIG] Pure Python HTML?

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Thu Apr 14 03:05:40 CEST 2005

> This works for small scale projects where only a few developers are
> expected to know the codebase.

Sure.  It was a small scale example.  For larger projects you'd use
more abstraction layers, accessing (for example) template strings via
method calls which would provide the ability to do things like i18n
manipulation.

> The idea of ZCML is for programmers to
> be able to reconfigure or extend the behavior of other people's code
> without having to change, or hopefully even fully understand, that code
> itself.

Sound engineering principles, modularity and abstraction.  Now let's
glue those modules together with Python rather than with XML.

> I don't think this discussion will go anywhere though, as your position
> seems to be too extreme in this respect to easily move out of. :)

Gosh, I barely have a position on this, really.  I'm just interested,
on this mailing list, in improving ways of helping Python-savvy
engineers provide and use Web services.

Bill