[Web-SIG] http content-location header, and different browsers

Carlos Ribeiro carribeiro at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 02:51:40 CEST 2004

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 01:59:04 +0200, Irmen de Jong <irmen at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> > BTW... did you try it in Opera using their IE-emulation mode?
>
> Ehm, isn't it just a change in the User-Agent string?
> That wouldn't make any difference...

I'm really not sure if it's only a User-Agent 'hack' or if it affects
other aspects of the browser. I've read a *lot* of CSS-specific tricks
over the past few days, and its amazing how many things a modern
browser has to do to properly render real-world web sites. In the end
I was under the impression that Opera did more than just mimic the IE
User-Agent string (which it does just to fool JavaScript code) - it
actually has to use other 'hints' to be able to stablish how it is
supposed to behave under certain situations. But I'm not a Opera user,
and it's possible that I just got it wrong.

--
Carlos Ribeiro
Consultoria em Projetos
mail: carribeiro at gmail.com