[Web-SIG] ANN: Release 0.20.0 of modjy: a WSGI gateway for jython 2.1 and J2EE.

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Sun Oct 3 21:47:12 CEST 2004

At 07:15 PM 10/3/04 +0100, Alan Kennedy wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>I am somewhat pleased to announce the release of version 0.20.0 of modjy,
>a WSGI-compliant gateway for Jython 2.1 and J2EE. Modjy is released under
>the Apache 2.0 License.
>
>You can download this release, including all source and documentation,
>from the following address
>
>http://www.xhaus.com/modjy
>
>There are still a number of areas to be cleaned up, including the import
>mechanism. Also exception handling needs to be improved, especially with
>the introduction of the "exc_info" parameter to the start_response_callable.

Looks pretty good.  FYI, as far as I can tell, your 'j2ee.*' extensions
aren't compliant, because they can bypass middleware modifications to the
environment.

(I wonder if perhaps the current mechanism to prevent middleware bypassing
is too heavyweight?)

I haven't had time to read all of the source code yet, so I'm not sure if
that's the only compliance issue, but that's the only one I've seen in your
documentation.

By the way, if you do implement pooling of application objects to bypass
their single-threadedness, I think the only really safe way to do that is
by having a separate Jython interpreter for each one.  A single-threaded
application is going to assume it can use module-level globals without
conflicts, so just creating duplicate application objects isn't going to
resolve that issue.